Offer free or paid add-ons and services during checkout with ease using WooCommerce Checkout Add-Ons. While the core checkout process covers the basic fields required for placing an order, this extension lets you add several additional options to your checkout page, determine which are free or paid, and sort/filter orders based on these options.
With WooCommerce Checkout Add-ons, you can charge for special services like rush fulfillment or gift wrapping and offer add-ons without inventory, like stickers or insurance. Field types that can be easily added to the checkout page include text fields, text areas, select (dropdowns), multi-selects, radio buttons, a single checkbox, multi-checkbox, and file uploads. You can add checkout fields by simply selecting the ‘Checkout Add-ons’ menu, adding the field name, optionally replacing it with a label for the checkout page, determining the field type, and whether the options should add a cost or be taxable. Sortable and filterable display options for these fields can also be selected.
What Can Checkout Add-ons Do?
- Add option fields for add-on services and products (without inventory management)
- Optionally add costs for fields or selected options
- Use amount or percentage-based fees
- Apply costs on a per-option basis
- Dynamically update the order details and total on the checkout page as options are selected or changed
- Saves selected options & uploads even if customers browse away from checkout!
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Allow admins and customers to view order add-ons
- Supports One Page Checkout
- Optionally view new fields from the Orders page
- Optionally sort or filter orders based on new fields
Tightly Tied to Order Management
Checkout Add-ons is tightly integrated with order management, allowing for easy viewing of checkout fields, sorting and filtering of orders by these fields, and display of all selected add-ons within the order details. Any checkout add-ons are displayed to the admin and customer during checkout and in the order details.
WooCommerce Subscriptions support
Checkout Add-ons is compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions, allowing for the collection of fees for add-ons.
Upsell Products and Services
Checkout Add-ons can also be used to sell additional products and services or collect required information during checkout (like file uploads for printing companies) as long as inventory management is not required. You can add a variety of products or upsells to the checkout page, including fields for taxes or licenses, product samples, additional services, file uploads, and more!